Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Things to do after upgraded to Katya 64-bit...

Yes, I know it's a late upgrade and the new release is coming soon. But, who cares. I just got a chance to do it last night.

1) Enabling Compiz will cause windows movement lagging
Solution:
  • At CCSM, go to "Composite -> General -> Refresh Rate" and change the value to 60
  • Then go to "OpenGL -> General", unchecked "Sync To VBlank" option

2) Enabling Blur effect, adding "class=Gnome-terminal" will cause windows flicker.
Solution:
  • Use type "Normal" instead
	type=Menu | PopupMenu | DropdownMenu | Tooltip | Notification | Combo | Dnd | Normal

3) Overlay scroll started to annoy me
Solution:
  • Uninstall the library
	$ sudo apt-get --purge remove overlay-scrollbar liboverlay-scrollbar-0.1-0

4) My Quake 3 demo is not working
Solution:
  • Install ia32-libs library
	$ sudo apt-get install ia32-libs

5) No sound from my headphone jack?
Solution:

No comments:

Post a Comment