1) Stop the process
- To start Task Manager you need to click on the Start button and from the Start menu select 'Run' and type in 'taskmgr' command. Hit 'OK'.
- Now you need to click the 'Processes' tab and click on the 'wgatray.exe' process.
- After the wgatray.exe is highlighted, you have to press 'End Process' and after wgatray.exe is closed, you can close the TaskManager.
2) Delete / Remove wgatray file from your computer
- Go to 'My Computer' and browse to both 'C > Windows > System32' and 'C > Windows > System > dllcache' folders.
- Locate the 'wgatray.exe', right-click it and select delete.
- Now you need to right-click on the Recycle Bin and press 'Empty the Recycle Bin', so that wgatray.exe files are completely deleted.
3) Remove entry from registry
- Click on Start button and select Run.
- Type in 'regedit' and hit the OK button.
- Go to the following registry entry : 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Microsoft > Windows NT > CurrentVersion > Winlogon > Notify'.
- In here you have to delete the Winlogon folder.
- Close Registry Editor and Wgatray EXE has been completely removed from your computer.