Wednesday, October 14, 2009

MultiGet Download Manager...

Finally I've found a good download manager for Linux. All this while I'm using D4X and had thought that it's the only available download manager for Linux. Yes, I know wget, curl etc. I'm talking about something with GUI instead of command line. MultiGet does the job for me now. Great thing about MultiGet is that it can run on Windows 2000/XP, almost all Linux desktops, MacOs and BSDs.

Features
  • Multi-task/multi-thread/multi-server usage
  • User-friendly interface (resembling Flashget)
  • Multiple language support
  • Proxy support
  • Extension ignoring/capture
  • FTP anonymous pass
  • Panel icon

MultiGet is available in Ubuntu Universe repository. To install, open terminal and type
    $ sudo apt-get install multiget
For the list of download managers available for Linux, you can refer to this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment